Shirts…. Finally

I’m probably the biggest procrastinator you’ll ever know. 7+ years later I finally had some shirts and hoodies made. I worked with my friend Joe Giampapa to come up with a fun design. We all have a drawer of black T-shirts, so I mixed it up a bit… I even went with purple -still not sure about it. I never liked those thick Tshirts especially on hot days in the shop, so these are a bit thinner and about 1000% more comfortable. 

Patti’s 54 is back from paint

 And now begins the meticulous process of reassembly. With NO scratching! What can go wrong, all these aftermarket products will fit fine….

As Dave’s car comes to a close

    Lots of build shots coming of this car, I loved this build! It’s been a great car to work on. Although we changed or modified every last thing it came together so easy, almost like it wanted to be built. 

    Something funny

    So Travis was telling us a story about his friends “Skin Boat” while we were reassembling his truck after paint -I’ve never heard this term before and found it pretty damn funny…. he also mentioned he wanted a punisher skull where the old Chevy logo was -I couldn’t help myself but combine them both! We have been laughing all day!  

     
       
       

     

    Random pic

      

    George’s truck is Done…..

    It’s been here a long time and it’s evolved and changed many times, all the while George’s passion was crazy for the build, he really likes the designing process and coming up with interesting ways to solve the challenges I was presenting him with almost daily. I look forward to future builds with him….. This is just some of the highlight photos and they can’t convey how much work has gone into this build -when doing a project like this we send hundreds of photos to not only show progress but also to get the customers input, it’s our job to build his dream, and to George Attention to Detail is Key.

    Fancy Wheel Discs

    George wanted to use Cymbals for wheel discs… But they didn’t fit -so we needed to reshape them to work. First I tried the Pullmax, it worked but made a mess of it; the only option was to spin them -if they were aluminum it would have been easy. We started by making a form of the final shape from glued and screwed MDF board, we tried to spin and reshape the cymbals but they are thick and didn’t want to move so we had to anneal them, we clamped them in the lathe and turned them as much as we could then annealed them again -and repeat… over and over again. We also found a great video on how cymbals are made.


       
        
        
       

    Ugly, don’t know why people do this 

    It must have been the 80’s when this thing was made… I picked it up as I still see potential in it -NOT with this bodywork though! Ha. It won’t have much Ford left in it when I’m done 

        
        
     I found the first paint job, Disco drum kit bass boat metal flake! -kinda explains everything now -hoping I’ll find some airbrushed Cobras on the hood!

     

    George’s Truck 

    Many changes have taken place, he’s a great guy but he knows how to push my buttons with his ideas and changes -all good though, the biggest one was to POLISH the truck, inside as well!  -I will never do this again, it sucks -especially after the box was sandblasted with the anticipation of paint! It will look great though. We then cleared it with Sharkhide, painted everything else in grey and started assembling it before he could change his mind again 🙂 

        
        
         
     
     

    Dave’s 35

    Still finishing off the fabrication on the body, almost finished off grafting the 33 grill to the hood, few thing left before it all comes apart again 

      Many mock ups to get the angle right, didn’t want to make it to Coddington and not to straight up   Then grafting the inner fenders to the grill, still need to make the headlight and turn signal mounts 
     

    Page 1 of 111234510...Last »