George’s truck is Done…..

It’s been here a long time and it’s evolved and changed many times, all the while George’s passion was crazy for the build, he really likes the designing process and coming up with interesting ways to solve the challenges I was presenting him with almost daily. I look forward to future builds with him….. This is just some of the highlight photos and they can’t convey how much work has gone into this build -when doing a project like this we send hundreds of photos to not only show progress but also to get the customers input, it’s our job to build his dream, and to George Attention to Detail is Key.

Fancy Wheel Discs

George wanted to use Cymbals for wheel discs… But they didn’t fit -so we needed to reshape them to work. First I tried the Pullmax, it worked but made a mess of it; the only option was to spin them -if they were aluminum it would have been easy. We started by making a form of the final shape from glued and screwed MDF board, we tried to spin and reshape the cymbals but they are thick and didn’t want to move so we had to anneal them, we clamped them in the lathe and turned them as much as we could then annealed them again -and repeat… over and over again. We also found a great video on how cymbals are made.


Ugly, don’t know why people do this 

It must have been the 80’s when this thing was made… I picked it up as I still see potential in it -NOT with this bodywork though! Ha. It won’t have much Ford left in it when I’m done 

 I found the first paint job, Disco drum kit bass boat metal flake! -kinda explains everything now -hoping I’ll find some airbrushed Cobras on the hood!


George’s Truck 

Many changes have taken place, he’s a great guy but he knows how to push my buttons with his ideas and changes -all good though, the biggest one was to POLISH the truck, inside as well!  -I will never do this again, it sucks -especially after the box was sandblasted with the anticipation of paint! It will look great though. We then cleared it with Sharkhide, painted everything else in grey and started assembling it before he could change his mind again 🙂 


Dave’s 35

Still finishing off the fabrication on the body, almost finished off grafting the 33 grill to the hood, few thing left before it all comes apart again 

  Many mock ups to get the angle right, didn’t want to make it to Coddington and not to straight up   Then grafting the inner fenders to the grill, still need to make the headlight and turn signal mounts 

Travis’s Chevy

 A part from here and a part from there -I like using OEM parts when they are available, they almost always fit better than aftermarket parts.  Last couple of shots before it leaves to paint…. It’ll be nice to see it in one colour. We put it together knowing that paint was still to come, it gave him a chance to drive it and shake down any issues. 


Random pics

Modified a Pontiac hood ornamemt   

Dave’s 35,36,37,39 Ford

Zipper Head, Frankin Coupe, call it what you will -this car just seems to be building itself, parts have been easy to come across… with Dave looking for them! Lots of Stitching this time around getting all the parts to fit in the right place, Dave’s not worried about period correctness as it’s going to be a custom anyway. Next step is to get the front sheet metal done (34 Grill) then mount the drive line and build the floors.

Travis’s Chevy

This was a last minute rescue I took in (I have a soft spot for rescue dogs -and now vehicles it seems) Long story short nothing had been done and summer was running out, he thought it only needed a floor but turned out needing everything. Once we dug into it we realised it had been hit as well -do it once do it right -I think we ended up getting every patch panel you can get for this cab. It had also been installed on a G20 van chassis -little big, but would work with the right rims. Other than the rust it had been “hacked” together poorly as well, so while we were there we fixed everything… -didn’t even have a rad support, and the fenders were hanging off the rad. Once all the fab was taken car of we could start with the mods Travis wanted, Dropped spindles, rough cut pine bed, spacer to fill the gap between the box and cab, a stainless cover for the box, etc etc. Since this is the first time the truck has been really been driven he wanted to get some miles on it for the rest of the summer and get around to painting it later…

Took in another Rescue today

This happens every so often, I get a call from a person complaining about work being done -or not, etc. sometimes I can help them with just advice, sometimes I say “get it out of there” -your in good hands now Travis