Posted by Stony Smith | August 16th, 2015 | Filed under What's New
George wanted to use Cymbals for wheel discs… But they didn’t fit -so we needed to reshape them to work. First I tried the Pullmax, it worked but made a mess of it; the only option was to spin them -if they were aluminum it would have been easy. We started by making a form of the final shape from glued and screwed MDF board, we tried to spin and reshape the cymbals but they are thick and didn’t want to move so we had to anneal them, we clamped them in the lathe and turned them as much as we could then annealed them again -and repeat… over and over again. We also found a great video on how cymbals are made.